The lessons of this unit are built around a theme of movement: of glaciers, of rivers, of people, and of ideas. The Northeast connects the country to the rest of the world.
Choose the lessons below by clicking on the hyperlinks.
Table of Contents
1. Language Arts: No Gold on These Streets: Reading and writing about the immigrant experience in tenement housing
2. Social Studies: The Great Erie Canal: The building of the canal across New York State and its impact on movement of people and ideas
3. Science: In the Shadow of the Ice: How glaciers created the landscapes of the Northeast
4. Math: People Come and People Go: Population growth and decline in the Northeast
5. French: Petit Canada: French Canadian immigrants in
New England towns